Diverse Communities United for Justice
Sunday, April 10th
Lake View High School | 4015 N. Ashland
Doors open at 2pm | Program begins at 2:30pm SHARP
The rules have been rigged to favor the wealthy and big corporations over the rest of us, but the movement to set things right is growing. Join with 1,200 of your neighbors to take action to rewrite the rules for a society that is equitable and where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
Confirmed elected officials and key decision makers: Senate President John Cullerton, Senator Heather Steans, Representative Sara Feigenholtz, Representative Greg Harris, Representative Ann Williams, Representative Will Davis; Congressman Danny Davis; Alderman James Cappleman, Alderman Tom Tunney, Alderman Harry Osterman, Alderman Walter Burnett, Alderman Joe Moreno.
Click HERE for a sneak peak of the action opportunities after the convention.
- Download our flier to spread the word to your member institution and networks; bus information is on the back: flier-03.25.16
- Download a squadsheet to track who has committed to attend: Squadsheet-02.05.16
- Childcare will be provided. RSVP here to tell us how many children you are bringing.
- Watch a video from our last convention for a taste of the convention experience.
- Free bus transportation to and from the convention will be available at the following sites at 1:30pm. RSVP here to save a seat on the bus:
- Rogers Park:
- Willye B White Park (1610 W. Howard)
- A Safe Haven (7355 N. Damen)
- Centro Romero (6216 N. Clark)
- Devon Place (1950 W. Devon)
- C4 (5710 N. Broadway)
- Hollywood House (5700 N. Sheridan)
- Thresholds (1147 W. Balmoral)
- Northside Housing (941 W. Lawrence)
- EZRA (909 W. Wilson)
- ONE Northside (4648 N. Racine)
- Second Unitarian Church (656 W. Barry)
- Broadway United Methodist Church (3338 N. Broadway)
- Crowder Place (3801 N. Pine Grove)
- Lincoln Park
- Lincoln Park Presbyterian Church (600 W. Fullerton)
- Rogers Park:
- Public transportation: Irving Park Brown Line, Sheridan Red line; #9 (Ashland), #22 (Clark), and #80 (Irving Park) buses.
- Parking: If you are driving to the convention, you will need to find street parking. See the map below. Make sure to check signs when you park to be sure you are not in a permit zone. The convention will adjourn at 4:15pm at the latest.