The new development that we were petitioning that would displace small businesses on Wilson/Broadway got OUTTED at Zoning Committee on Monday. The plan had skipped the Plan Commission approval before going to Zoning Committee.
Typically, a development needs to go through the following processes:
- Have the development be presented at a Plan Commission meeting for public to testify and for Plan Commission to vote.
- If approved, Zoning approval ordinances introduced to City Council
- Ordinance goes to Zoning Committee for public to testify and for Zoning Committee to vote
- If approved, goes back to City Council for full vote.
- If approved, development passes.
Alderman Cappleman’s office was trying to rush the development through before going through the appropriate processes! Much thank you to those who came out on Monday, we were able to observe the item get scratched from the agenda and delayed until Plan Commission in October.
We are still collecting signatures! Please sign our petition here if you have not, yet!